When air quality is critical, an oil-free compressor is the best option. Traditional oil-flooded rotary screw compressors and oil-flooded reciprocating compressors need oil in the air compression process, which naturally tends to contaminate downstream airflow.
While air treatment products like filters and dryers are always a good idea, they are not the best safeguard against all oil migrating to end-users in a plant. That’s why oil-free compressors, which use no oil in the air compression process, are a good idea.
Applications that Benefit from Oil-Free Air Compressors
While not every industry needs oil-free air compressors, oil-free is a necessity for any application requiring a certain level of air purity. A few of the industries TMI regularly partners with to deliver quality oil-free air compressors include:
- Food and beverage manufacturing
- High-tech manufacturing
- Textile manufacturing
Advantages of Oil-Free Air Compressors
Many applications require a certain level of air purity. For those where air purity is essential, oil-free air compressors are the only solution. Eliminating the use of oil in the compressed air system altogether ensures the high air quality you need for your application. Oil-free air compressors also offer a few distinct advantages beyond just air purity:
- Eliminated need for air and oil separator elements and downstream filtration
- Minimized maintenance due to oil and filter replacement
- Eliminates oil contamination
- Offers a clean, reliable source of air
- Reduces harmful emissions
Because oil-free air compressors don’t need regular oil changes or filter replacements, they generally require less maintenance and fewer working components. If you’re in need of an air compressor that can provide exceptional air quality with reliability, the team at TMI can help. We’re here to match you with the oil-free air compressor that best suits your facility’s needs and your application.
Sullair Oil-Free Air Compressors
As West Michigan’s only authorized Sullair distributor, TMI is proud to offer you the most advanced oil-free air compressors on the market. From Sullair’s signature rotary screw compressor technology to both scroll and centrifugal air compressors, we provide a variety of oil-free air compressor options ranging from 2HP-4300HP, all stamped with the Sullair Oil-Free Seal, indicating that these compressors meet the ISO standard for Class O oil-free air.
We have an oil-free air compressor designed to power any application, from small shop needs to large pharmaceutical and food and beverage facilities. Here’s a look at just some of the Sullair oil-free compressor technology we provide:
Sullair Oil-Free Scroll – SRL Series
2HP-44HP | 5cfm – 129cfm
The Sullair SRL line of scroll compressors are powered by two scrolls — one orbiting and one fixed. Because scroll technology delivers continuous air movement, these compressors are able to provide pulsation-free delivery of compressed air. Sullair’s oil-free SLR series is reliable, efficient, and super quiet. Built on Hitachi engineering, the Sullair scroll compressor is simple to install and easy to maintain. The compressors are so quiet – some as low as 48 dBA – that they can be installed as point-of-use on the shop floor.
Oil-Free Scroll – SRL Series Features:
- SRL Exclusive Scroll and Pump Design
- Patented scroll wrap design with labyrinth seal provides superior performance and reliability
- The proprietary tip seal reduces air leakage while extending service intervals.
- Two air inlets to reduce stress on the pump (5.5 kW pump only)
- Leads to tighter upper airband
- Extends life of pump
- Normal maintenance can be completed without disassembling the pump
- Integrated Design for Maximized User Benefits
- Highly efficient cooling
- Receiver tank dissipates heat while reducing compressor starts and stops
- Air pressures up to 145 psig
- Extremely quiet
- Full enclosure is standard
- Mechanical and electrical vibration isolation
- Designed to be placed at the point of air need
- Sound levels as low as 48 dB(A)
- Compact design reduces floor space needed
- Easy accessibility for inspection and maintenance
The SLR series comes standard with the following:
- TEFC motor
- Simplex or Multiplex scroll pumps (up to 6)
- Intake filter
- Discharge Stop Valve
- Vibration Isolating Pads
- SRL Series Controller
Sullair Oil Free Rotary Screw – DSP Series
30HP-300HP | 117 cfm-1300 cfm
For applications that need both oil-free and continuous air, the Sullair DSP series of oil-free rotary screw compressors are the best choice. Ideal for air needs between 100 cfm-1300 cfm, the DSP line comes with either fixed or variable speed drives. Featuring Sullair’s legendary air end design, these compressors provide the very best in continuous and oil-free air, designed to optimize energy efficiency and your oil-free operation.
Key Features of the Sullair DSP Oil-Free Rotary Screw Series Include:
- Wye-Delta or VSD starter
- Phase monitor
- Altitude capable to 9,000 feed
- Oversized motor options available for peak usage needs
- Sullair’s legendary air end design
- Patented taper rotor design optimized for efficiency
- Patented PTFE-free rotary coating designed to maximize life
- Package designed to optimize energy efficiency
- Phase monitor
- Noise-reducing package
All DSP compressors come standard with the following:
- Industry-leading 3-year package warranty
- Hitachi two-stage air end with stainless steel rotors
- Hitachi TEFC main motor and cooling fan motor
- Patented Oil Mist Remover
- Patented High Pre-Cooler and After-cooler
- Motorized Discharge Isolation valve
Sullair Oil-Free Centrifugal Air Compressors-T and F Series
175HP-4300 HP | 550 cfm-11,750 cfm
Sullair’s oil-free centrifugal air compressors are in a league of their own. Designed with efficient aerodynamics, non-contacting internal parts, and an exceptional cooling system, centrifugal air compressors can deliver large amounts of clean, reliable air, at virtually no maintenance costs. A simple design makes for simplified operation and maintenance, while also contributing to an exceptionally energy-efficient system that results in lower power consumption. Sullair’s oil-free centrifugal air compressors are ideal for the following applications:
Sullair’s oil-free centrifugal air compressors are ideal for the following applications:
- Aerospace and high-technology manufacturing
- Heavy-duty manufacturing
- Food and beverage production
- Utilities and power generation
For plants that need consistently large amounts of air
Centrifugal compressors are unmatched in the following ways:
Energy Efficiency – Using up to 4 stages of compression with intercoolers, centrifugal compressors are absolutely the most efficient way to compress large amounts of air for a plant.
Low Maintenance Costs – Centrifugal compressors have virtually no known life expectancy because internal parts are non-contacting and kept extremely cool. Maintenance is largely inspections and cleanings while overhauls or component replacements are rare.
Class 0 Air Quality – As a bonus to efficiency and low maintenance costs, centrifugal compressors provide oil-free air.